MADIXtreme Driver v1.3 for Mac
New in V1.3
- Fully certified for Mac OSX 10.7 (Lion)
- Includes new Firmware V19 with several performance improvements
- New MADI Channel Limit (MCL) functionality, set in MadiXtreme Control Panel by clicking on the "MADI Channel Limit" Button (reboot required). See below for more information.
MadiXtreme supports a huge variety of applications through its legendary SSL Soundscape Family Drivers. The drivers are fully multi-client capable (allowing several applications to simultaneously access the device) and allow seamless multi-card configurations (up to 6 Cards per System if enough PCIe Slots are available).
Supported Cards and OS's
MadiXtreme V1.3 works with one or more MadiXtreme 64 or 128 Card(s) (also with the MX4) on the following OS X Versions:
MAC OS X 10.5.x (Leopard) 32-Bit Kernel
MAC OS X 10.6.x (Snow Leopard) 32-Bit Kernel
MAC OS X 10.6.x (Snow Leopard) 64-Bit Kernel
MAC OS X 10.7x (Lion) 32-Bit Kernel
MAC OS X 10.7x (Lion) 64-Bit Kernel
MAC OS X 10.4.x (Tiger) is NOT tested and officially certified with MadiXtreme V1.3. Please use V1.1 instead!
Supported MAC Pro Configurations
All Intel MAC Pro's (HW ID 1,1 or greater) with a minimum of 2GB Ram and 100MB HDD Space are supported.
Supported DAW's and Applications
All Core Audio compatible Applications (32 and/or 64 Bit) including Protools 9 +10.
- Extract MadiXtreme_Mac_v1.3.zip that you can download here.
- Existing and new users should install the driver and reboot the Mac.
Due to certain Audio and Midi Services activated in your System (for example Soundflower, Aggregate Devices) the successful restart of the new driver may not be possible immediately after installation; you may see an empty MadiXtreme Prefs Panel.
Please reboot your MAC in this case.
If the Prefs Panel starts the Firmware Updater, please follow the onscreen instructions carefully and update the firmware immediately.
This V1.3 driver requires MadiXtreme Firmware 19 to be installed on the Card for full functionality. A firmware update requires a complete Power Cycle to activate the new Firmware Image, so after the Firmware Update is finished, please power down your MAC, wait 5 seconds and power it on again.
Note on the new MADI Channel Limit (MCL) function
In order to activate the MADI Channel Limit (eg. to work with Pro-Tools 10 and a MadiXtreme 128), you need to set it to 32 Ch per MADI Head. To do this:
1 - After v1.3 for Mac Driver Installation, open the MADIXtreme prefs panel through System Preferences
2 - Press the 'MADI Channel Limit' button
3 - Set the MCL to and REBOOT your Mac when the Control Panel asks you to do so.
You will now be able to select and use MADIXtreme in Protools 9+10.
Applications for MCL:
- PT9/10 Users. As PT 9.x and 10.x can only work with an Audio Device of max. 64 I/O Ch's, setting the MCL to 32 Ch's on an MDX 128 will allow this card to work
- Limit to 32 CH's for MADIXtreme 128 Users that work in 96 Khz (no "blank" Core Audio I/O's, ie. 33-64)
- Limit to 48 Ch's for AlphaLink Users (also for Users with 2x Alpha Link...avoids "blank" channels as well)