You may wish to disable exclusive mode; instructions are below.
Exclusive mode allows applications to take exclusive control the interface so that other apps cannot play sound at the same time.
This might cause issues when switching audio apps.
1. Right-click on the speaker icon in the system tray and select Open Sound settings.
3. Select Sound Control Panel on the right hand side.
4. Select the device you want to listen to and click Properties.
5. Under the Advanced tab, uncheck Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device.
6. Click OK to save your device's settings.
After making this change, try playing audio.
The audio should be playing from the selected device