The driver below is the latest version of the MadiXtreme driver for OS X.
New in MadiXtreme Driver V1.3
- Fully certified for macOS 10.7 (Lion)
- Includes new firmware V19 with several performance improvements
- New MADI Channel Limit (MCL) functionality, set in MadiXtreme Control Panel by clicking on the "MADI Channel Limit" button (reboot required).
Applications for MCL:
- Pro Tools 9/10. As PT 9 and 10 can only work with a third-party audio device of 32 channels, setting the MCL to 32 channels on a MadiXtreme 128 will allow this card to work.
- Limit to 32 channels for MadiXtreme 128, that work in 96 Khz (no "blank" Core Audio I/O's, ie. 33-64)
- Limit to 48 channels for Alpha-Link (also for 2x Alpha-Link...avoids "blank" channels as well)
Supported Cards and OS
MadiXtreme V1.3 works with one or more MadiXtreme 64 or 128 card(s) (also with the MX4) on the following versions:
macOS 10.5.x (Leopard) 32-bit
macOS 10.6.x (Snow Leopard) 32-bit
macOS 10.6.x (Snow Leopard) 64-bit
macOS 10.7x (Lion) 32-bit
macOS 10.7x (Lion) 64-bit
macOS 10.4.x (Tiger) is not tested nor certified for MadiXtreme V1.3.
If you want to use a tested and certified configuration on Tiger, please use MadiXtreme V1.1.
Supported Mac Pro Configurations:
All Intel MAC Pro's (HW ID 1,1 or greater) with a minimum of 2GB Ram and 100MB HDD Space are supported.
All Core Audio compatible applications (32 and/or 64 Bit).
Extract the downloaded zip file.
Double Click on "SSL MadiXtreme Mac Driver V1.3".
Follow the onscreen instructions until the installation is finished.
If you are updating from a previous MadiXtreme Driver Version, please open the MadiXtreme Control Panel App after successful installation and check if the new driver could be started.
Due to certain Audio and Midi Services activated in your System (for example Soundflower, Aggregate Devices) can prevent the successful restart of the new driver, you may get an empty MadiXtreme control panel.
Please reboot your Mac in this case.
If the Control Panel starts the Firmware Updater, please follow the onscreen instructions carefully and update the firmware immediately.
This V1.3 driver requires MadiXtreme Firmware 19 to be installed on the card for full functionality.
A firmware update requires a complete power cycle to activate the new firmware, so after the firmware update is complete, please power down your Mac.
Note on the new MADI Channel Limit (MCL) function:
In order to activate a MADI Channel Limit (eg. to work with Pro Tools 10 and a MadiXtreme 128 you need to set it to 32 Channels per card), you have to set the MCL to 32 and reboot your Mac when the Control Panel asks you to do so.
The driver below is the latest version of the SSL Soundscape Family Driver.
This driver will also update all other SSL Soundscape devices (MX4, MadiXtreme, Mixpander, MiXtreme, Soundscape) as well as the firmware for the Alpha-Link AX, MADI AX, and MADI SX. Soundscape V6.2 now supports MadiXtreme.
Release Date: 31/05/12
Download Size: 1.81 MB
New driver 22.214.171.124
Alpha-Link Live version 2.12 firmware resolves issues seen when using Alpha-Link mic control data with a MADI-X8 router.
NOTE: Currently this 64 bit driver supports Soundscape V6 streaming, ASIO 32, ASIO 64, and WDM 64.
- Platform: Intel Pentium or higher and compatible CPUs
- OS: Windows XP, Vista 32 bit or 64 bit, Windows 7 32 bit or 64 bit
- Storage: 100 MB of free hard disk space
- Internet connection for updates and registration.
Please follow the steps described below.
On Windows 64 bit it is mandatory to update/install the driver "the Microsoft Way" as described. Otherwise Windows may reset certain registry entries to a previous state on each reboot and the SSL device may not work as expected.
Driver Installation on Windows 32-Bit Systems:
Exit all SSL Soundscape-related software
Extract downloaded ZIP file to a temporary directory
Install the driver located in the extracted folder and run DrvSetup.exe
Firmware Update on Madixtreme and MX4 Cards:
After the driver has been updated open the TRack.exe app located in the Ssdrv folder.
Double-click on each MadiXtreme Device. A firmware update will launch.
Follow the on-screen Instructions.
When done, shut down the PC.
Driver Installation on Windows 64-Bit Systems:
First Time Users:
- Insert the Card
- Power on your System
- Follow the onscreen Plug and Play Driver Installation and Choose Driver from the extracted Download Directory (Ssdrv_6_x_x_x)
- Exit all SSL Soundscape related software
- Extract downloaded ZIP file to a temporary directory
- Go to Device Manager, locate SSL Soundscape devices
- For each entry (MadiXtreme and Mixpander) right-click, select update driver and point to the extracted temp directory
- After reboot, make sure there is a SSL Soundscape WDM Device present in the category "Sound, Video and Game Controllers"
- WDM integration - The "easiest" option to tell Windows 7 something about system wide audio devices (WDM) is by right clicking on the speaker icon in the task bar (close to the clock) and selecting "Properties". Now you might not see any device in the lists for recording or playback tabs, right click and select "Show deactivated Devices"... Select the SSL card's WDM device for recording and playback. You can also give it a name (ie MX4).
- Usage - SSL software needs to be started before streaming will work (SSL Mixer, SSL Soundscape V6, or TRack.exe)
- On a first attempt to activate the WDM device you may need to switch the SSL hardware to 48 kHz, otherwise Windows may come up with an error message telling you the device is already in use.
- 2GB RAM limit for Mixtreme and Mixpander Cards on Windows 7: Mixtreme and Mixpander will not work on Windows 7 with more than 2GB of RAM installed.
After the driver has been updated open the TRack.exe app located in the SSDRV fFolder.
Double click on each MadiXtreme device. A firmware update will launch.
Please follow the on-screen instructions.
When done, shut down the PC.
SSL Soundscape Family Driver 126.96.36.199 - 17/08/11
SSL Soundscape Family Driver 188.8.131.52 - 19/04/11
SSL Soundscape Family Driver 184.108.40.206 - 22/12/10
SSL Soundscape Family Driver 220.127.116.11 - 19/10/10
SSL Soundscape Family Driver 18.104.22.168 - 24/05/10
SSL Soundscape Family Driver 22.214.171.124 - 05/11/09
SSL Soundscape Family Driver 126.96.36.199 - 11/08/09
SSL Soundscape Family Driver 188.8.131.52 - 05/11/08
SSL Soundscape Family Driver 184.108.40.206 - 25/02/08
SSL Soundscape Family Driver 220.127.116.11 - 28/01/08
SSL Soundscape Family Driver 18.104.22.168 - 19/12/07
SSL Soundscape Family Driver 22.214.171.124 - 27/03/07