SSL 2 / 2+ Setup:
- Plug your guitar into INPUT 1 or INPUT 2 on the rear panel using a jack cable.
- On the front panel, make sure that the LINE & HI-Z switches are pressed down.
- Whilst playing your instrument, turn the GAIN control up until you consistently get 3 green lights on the meter. This represents a healthy signal level. It's OK to light up the amber LED (-10) occasionally but make sure you don't hit the top red LED. If you do, you'll need to turn the GAIN control down again to stop clipping.
- Use the Monitor Mix & Phones level to adjust how much and how loud the instrument level is in your headphones.
- In your DAW of choice, create a new audio track.
- Set the input of the audio track to the corresponding channel with the connected instrument. Channel 1 = input 1, Channel 2 = input 2.
- Record Enable/ Arm the track, and then Mute it.
- Press Record!
- Remember to un-mute the track when listening back to your recording.